Please Be Advised

All of my papers, poems, and other writings are copyrighted © works and/or academic papers that have been submitted to instructors and therefore available in all plagiarism sites utilized by teachers and academic facilities.

Copying anything from this site is forbidden and will be legally pursued.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Empty Stage

Empty Stage

Here I stand with my knees buckling
Wearing my heart on my sleeve
My bubbling talent waiting to be recieved.

I look to the left,
And then the right.
No director is present
My name is not in lights.

The audience of chairs are silent and encumbered
The only sound is my heart pounding sorrowfully
No tickets were bought to see me perform.

The echoe of laughter teases my senses
And the dull bulbs of thought pierce my mind.
How did I get to this stage so unprepared?
Why is there coldness depleting my breath?

I wither off stage with a tear stained face.
I laugh sarcastically at my hopes to be loved.
No longer will I subject myself to this pain.
Within the theatre lies my demise.

By Jeannette Villatoro © 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment